Computer Forensics and Investigations
Chapter 8 - Macintosh & Linux Boot Processes and File Systems
- Explain Mackintosh file structures and the boot process
- Explain nix and Linux disk structures and boot process
- Describe other disk structures
This chapter provides a foundation to build on you become more knowledgeable about current and legacy OSs and their file systems. This chapter also discusses media and hardware such as CDs, DVDs, IDE, SCSI and SATA drives. This chapter is only an introduction.
- Unit Agenda
- Read Chapter 8 PG 305 - 349
- Review Chapter 8 PPT
- Do Chapter 8 review questions starting on page 352
- Do Chapter Hands-On Projects 8-1 thru 8-5
- Do Case Projects 8-1 thru 8-3 on page 358
- Read about HFS - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierarchical_File_System.