Computer Forensics and Investigations
Chapter 3 - The Investigator's Office and Laboratory
- Describe Certification requirements for computer forensics labs
- List Physical requirements for a computer forensics lab
- Explain the criteria for selecting a basic forensic workstation
- Describe components used to build a business case for developing a forensics lab
This chapter details some options for setting up an effective computer forensics laboratory. Each computer forensics investigator in a lab should also have a private office where she can manage cases, conduct interviews and communicate without eavesdropping concerns. Whether you are new to computer forensics or are an experienced examiner, your goal is to make your office lab work smoothly and efficiently for all casework.
- Read chapter 3
- Go to http://www.ehow.com/about_5502660_computer-forensics-lab-certification-requirements.html and read the article.
- Complete the review questions at the end of chapter 3, page 99
- Do Hands-On Projects, 3-2 and 3-4 on pages 101
- Do Case Projects 3-1 on page 102 or create your own company and include a diagram of how you would want your forensics lab to look.